Our purpose is to promote harmonious, productive, cooperative and compliant workplace relations in Australia.
Our functions outline the responsibilities we have as set by the Fair Work Act 2009 to achieve our purpose:
- Provide education, assistance, advice and guidance to employers, employees, outworkers, outworker entities and organisations.
- Promote and monitor compliance with workplace laws.
- Inquire into and investigate breaches of the Fair Work Act.
- Take appropriate enforcement action.
- Perform our statutory functions efficiently, effectively, economically and ethically.