Greater Brisbane, which includes the council areas of Brisbane, Logan, Ipswich, Moreton and Redlands will be in lockdown from Friday 6pm to Monday at 6pm.
There will be restrictions in place, which will affect many businesses.
• Masks are to be worn at all times when outside of your place of residence, this includes in workplaces and public transport
• 20 people can attend funerals, 10 people can attend weddings (no dancing or singing)
• Limit of two visitors in homes
• Restaurants and cafes to provide takeaway service only
• Cinemas, entertainment and recreation venues, gyms etc to close
The businesses that must close include (unless an exception applies):
• Retail food services including pubs, restaurants, cafes and fast food outlets except for takeaway services.
• Entertainment facilities, such as theatres, cinemas, music halls and concert halls.
• Amusement centres, such as places to play billiards, pool, pinball machines or video games.
• Indoor recreation facilities such as squash courts, indoor swimming pools and gyms.
• Places of public worship, except for weddings and funerals in line with the person limits.
• Spas, nail salons, hairdressers, beauty salons, waxing salons, tanning salons and tattoo parlours
• Massage parlours unless provided by a registered health practitioner or qualified massage therapist.
• Auction houses
• Betting agencies and gaming lounges
• Markets, except for food and farmers markets
• Galleries, museums and libraries
• Community facilities, such as community halls
• Sex on premises services, sex services premises and strip clubs
• Public swimming pools
CCIQ will continue to update and inform businesses of changing conditions as information becomes available.