Council information covering a range of services and topics across a number of towns.
The Southern Downs Region began as five separate entities: the City of Warwick and the Shires of Allora, Glengallan, Rosenthal and Stanthorpe.
The City of Warwick came into being as the Warwick Municipality on 25 May 1861 under the Municipalities Act 1858, a piece of New South Wales legislation inherited by Queensland at its separation two years earlier.
On 21 July 1869, the Municipality of Allora was established under the Municipal Institutions Act 1864.
On 11 November 1879, the Clifton, Glengallan, Stanthorpe and Ballandean Divisions were created as part of 74 divisions within Queensland under the Divisional Boards Act 1879. On 23 June 1880 Ballandean Division became part of the Stanthorpe Division. The first meeting of the Council of the Shire Of Stanthorpe was held in April 1903.