The Granite Belt Neighbourhood (GBNC) is a trading name of Community Development Services (CDS) Inc.
CDS is a community-based, not-for-profit incorporated organisation run by a voluntary Management Committee since 1986.
GBNC programs focus on improving individual, family and community wellbeing within the Granite Belt region of the Southern Downs Regional Council area. Programs are funded by a range of Federal and State government departments and through donations.
- Supports people in financial and life crisis
- Provides quality community resources, information and referral
- Assesses community needs, initiate, facilitate and sponsor projects
- Auspices community groups and support volunteers
- Liaises and networks with business, government and non-government agencies at local, regional, State & national levels
- Provide low-cost rooms or venues for use by community groups or visiting agencies.
OUR SUPPORT OF THE GRANITE BELT COMMUNITY:
- Low-cost room rental to community groups e.g. Happy Chat group, church, Tax Help, Outside of school hours care.
- Computer access so GBNC clients can access other agencies and webinars
- Work collaboratively with other groups e.g. Share the Dignity, Rotary drought responses, Men’s Shed
- Participate in community events e.g. spooky walk, under 8’s week
- Purchase locally to support local businesses
- Advocate and educate all levels of government about the Granite Belt’s unmet social needs.
- and more